Thursday, March 16, 2006

Dumb










Michael Douglas - Black Pot & Kettle


Ok, in this article from CNN showcasing an upcoming story in GQ, Michael Douglas is boo-hissing on Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett, and Renee Zellwegger with Kenny Chesney. Read the article and you will see him talking about their marriages and relationships. HA! What pissed me off about him making these comments is three-fold. He's acting like he's this man who stays married, etc. I confess, I read People magazine and E!Online. There are three things that stayed in my mind about Mr. Douglas from years past. First, yes, he was married to his first wife for many years, but it was apparently really really well known that he screwed anything that moved and his wife tolerated it. So much for a long happy marriage and him being dedicated to those vows. Second, he met CZJ because he had it "set up" - while he was still technically married. Uh huh. Lastly, their prenup requires him to pay her quite a chunk of change "if he strays". Yeah, let's not be throwing stones at other peoples' hookups is what I say. End rant! - Susanne


Allan says: By Dumb, I do not mean the author! I mean the subjects- they are all famous people - famous for what I'm not sure , as I barely know who most of them are. I don't pay much attention to this sort of thing, but this seems to be an especially stupid stance on the part of Mr. Douglas. -I liked Douglas in Falling Down, but he is clearly a prick of the first magnitude.
On the women mentioned-I really don't want to know how fucked-up the "beautiful people" are- it takes the fun out of looking at pictures of them.

Oh, and thanks for the excuse to run a cheesecake photo!

No comments: