Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Let's Give Stupid Lessons


This man is an idiot. Of course, he'll use semantics and rhetoric to make his case- in front of that most rigorously critical and learned of juries (high school seniors)- I mean even I , a devout "evolutionist", will admit that it's possible that we are all made by God- it's possible that we were created by robots from Alpha Centurai- but that's obscuring the driveway for the pavement.

One needn't look far to find evidence supporting evolution but it's pretty fucking difficult to find a way to claim the Earth is only 6,000 years old without sounding terribly stupid and wholly uninformed about basic geology.

If you tell me that the fossilized remains of dinosaurs are tricks planted in the Earth by Satan in order to lead us astray, I will ask you what the Hell you think you are putting in your gasoline tank and tell you that you should consider your car to be an Infernal Combustion Engine-stop driving it now.
Give me your car- my soul is already doomed, so it's too late for me.
You can walk. It was good enough for Abraham, it's good enough for you.

I wouldn't really have a problem with teaching "creationism" in public schools if Churches would devote a few hours a week to teaching Darwinism. I mean, the whole argument is about the free exchange of ideas, is it not?

Bullshit. It's about forcing religion down our throats.

'Intelligent Design' is such bad science that you cannot even call it a theory in the true scientific sense- it's just a belief. Superstition.

What sort of thinking mind looks at the Universe and says, "Wow. It sure is complicated. Since I am too dim-witted to even attempt to understand the world around me it necessarily follows that some sort of Omnipotent Invisible Cloud Being made everything according to some supernal whim" ?

In other words, you have equated Ignorance with Faith. That does make sense.

1 comment:

Susannity said...

Who are they employing as science teachers in PA? For a science teacher to say that evolution is taught as a fact and that if it was called a theory it would be ok does NOT know what scientific theory is. All real scientists, even those that don't like evolution, call evolution a theory. This guy needs to go back to school himself.

He wants the panel to be HS students eh? I'd have np with that but to think that will be the "proof" is silly. They will be persuaded by other things than the science and logic of arguments. I'm not bashing the HS students, but they have had limited exposure to those topics.

My husband and I had just come back from a long road trip and one of our stops had been the petrified forest. We bought some petrified wood. Anyway, my husband brought the piece in to work and was showing it around and telling folks how it's made etc. His boss chuckles after the information and says "you don't believe that do you? the earth's only been around for 6000 years." umm...