Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Penned In

I hate this fucking pen. It's improperly constructed and it's driving me crazy.
Imprinted along it's length are these words: Bic Grip Roller Micro.

So what?

So - these words are repeated on the cap of the pen as well, only they are upside-down.

No matter how many times I take the cap off and replace it, one or the other sets of words are upside-down. This is infuriating.

On the positive side (sort of) I now have a phone at my desk- after six months without one.
On the downside, I now have a phone at my desk -after six months without one.

Actually, I don't have a phone at my desk per se , as my 'desk' more closely resembles a folding card table -designed for solitaire- than an actual desk. There is no space for a telephone on it.
My new phone sits on a cardbord box on the floor to the left of my chair.

A phone for my cell.

I hope it doesn't ring.

1 comment:

Amy said...

OH my... hey though - check this... if the phone is one of those new fancy shamancy models (as opposed to the harvest gold wall unit that used to hang in our kitchen with a cord that could reach to Dallas)... it might just have an interesting feature - a switch or button or something of that sort - that when pressed in just the right manner - stops said phone from issuing that annoying ringing sounds... even if somebody is trying to call... it is like Mute and Heaven all rolled into one.

Christmas and Your Birthday -
Amy