Monday, March 27, 2006

Take A Deep Breath



I few months ago I heard Ron play a guitar solo that sounded like the photograph above. You can't capture that kind of moment, even if you are recording it- but it sticks with you.
Tonight I was feelin' kinda down and Ron called . Good timing.
I got to tell him about that solo and how absolutely fucking perfect it was.
I'd been meaning to mention it for a while- I was glad I got a chance to tell him about it.
Usually I'm telling him how sick I am of having to hear him play all the time, so my compliment took us both by surprise.

I've been playing guitar again. I can play for about 45 minutes before my left arm gets a little wiggy. This is good news- a few years ago I was told I might lose that arm entirely but it's fine today. Just takes a while to get the strength back-gotta practice more. It'll get better over time.

-------

I got home today and realized that half my key-chain was missing. The half with my house key on it. Bummer.
I drove to work today, so I drove back and my keys were right there on the ground where I'd parked. Yeah!

When I finally got home my computer told me it was initializing a memory dump. I don't know what that is, but it wouldn't respond to any commands. It shut down.
I turned it on.
Nothing.
Off.
On.
Nothing.
This my only computer-fixing trick.
One more time.
It works. Everything seems OK. No virus found.
My alarm clock is blinking. Must have been a power surge or something.

Everything seems rational and easy to deal with. I got some small bit of bad news from Ron that I'll have to deal with shortly, but it's nothing major.

I don't know why I was so freaked out earlier- outside of my Workbox things don't seem so bad.
I think they pump some sort of mild psychedelic drug into our vent system and it's triggering acid flashbacks. This is one of the sanest thoughts I had at work today.

Tomorrow I'll try not to think until after 5:30. It's a lot better that way.

1 comment:

BwcaBrownie said...

'This my only computer-fixing trick.'

your second computer fixing trick is

'a left hand smallest finger on CTRL key
left hand index finger on ALT key
then right hand index finger on DELETE key.

this move will stop the computer doing whatever it is doing, or stuck on doing.

sometimes just waiting works.

every keystroke goes into a queue
to wait it's turn, so,
the more you do,
the longer it takes..
Sometime computers are terrific.
I spend hours in Google Image.
For a laugh, put 'meerkats' into the searchbox.
or just put 'guitar' and enjoy the pics.

peace n love