Friday, March 17, 2006

Bad Decisions

I'm still sick today, so I'll catch up on the news for a bit to take my mind off my fever... oh. Well, nevermind.


Over a decade ago when I was living in Austin,TX, I had a chance to be human guinea pig for an experimental new heart/blood pressure (i forget) drug. The pay was really high - approx. $1600 a week, plus room and board. Pretty easy,huh?
At the time, I was pretty open to chemical experiments, but the prospect of being a lab rat disturbed me. I got a day job instead. I hadn't really thought about it until it came up in a recent conversation- so when I read this article , and this, I felt like I made the right decision. The articles seem to be quite understated after you see the pics.
If you want to see what the victims look like, some pics are here (thanks to MopJ). Be warned -they are hard to look at. I'm not especially squeamish, but the obvious human suffering is nearly unbearable to view- but you should, because this is what Big Pharmaceutical has planned for us.
Even a shitty job is better than multiple organ failure and coma.

-------

I recently wrote about locomotive-assisted suicide. I didn't mean to encourage anyone to act on it, but I can't help but wonder if this wasn't deliberate- the woman was plenty smart enough to know what could happen- what made her do this? I wonder if anyone will ever know?

-------
If you are a disgraced political whore named Katherine Harris, trying to sleaze your way into a congressional seat in the patriarchal misogynist GOP , getting a boob job and holding some thrusty photo-ops in order to get the Family Values vote is probably not a BAD decision, it's just kinda tawdry. After her failed 2006 bid, she could make a decent living on one of those MILF web sites.

2 comments:

em0 said...

What part of the body is that from?! I mean.. Those pics.. I can't understand what I'm looking at.

Allan said...

It seems that the victims swelled up and became quite deformed- all within minutes of taking the experimental drug- I really hope those pics are fake- i can't understand it either.