Thursday, August 25, 2005

More Book Stuff

So after a chased goose and a lot of clicking, I think found the questions Nicole ( eventually, I will list- link, but for now use this) referred to in her comment on my previous post.
Here: I'll spare you from having to figure it out- go here for some background.

The questions:

1. Number of books you have owned: I find that it's difficult to own books. I have a rule: never borrow or loan a book from/to anyone. I break this rule all the time. As a result 'my' books are largely dispersed amongst other readers and I have an awful lot of books in my home that aren't 'mine'. At one point , I had 100,000+ books in my possession, but they were mostly comics and a gift from my boss after he closed his shop.

2. Last book I bought: A big box of paperbacks at a yard sale for $2. A lot of sci-fi and stuff , most of which I've not yet read. Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle was the title that caught my eye- I left the box in my car. I will sort through it the next time my car breaks down and leaves me stranded in the opposite of everywhere.
I love my library card.

3. Last book I completed: I'm not telling, but it was so awful that I wish I'd used a pseudonym.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me: (I'm counting series as one-book)

1- LOTR Trilogy
2-Chronicles of Narnia
3- Illuminati Trilogy
4- A Clockwork Orange
5- Tom Sawyer

4b. What are you currently reading? Training manuals , blogs and lots of email.

5. Which 5 bloggers are you passing this onto? The first five who read this.