Monday, September 19, 2005

Did I Just Get A 'Real' Job?

I've been home from hospital for one week today. I feel really good.
Tomorrow I go to my New Job to fill out my I-9's and paperwork.
Yep.
New Job, not of the temp variety. Paid Vacations- Medical,Dental and Vision. Strong possibility of advancement. Free coffee and soda in the break room. No customer service calls. I will do things like send emails to Document Storage asking them why they scanned only the blank sides of a 90-page deposition that I need as a PDF ASAP. Or something. The tables in the conference rooms are ideal for playing paper football if I can't find anything better to do with the documents.
It's in a Law Firm I temped at once. I must've done a good job, 'cause the Boss went through the trouble of finding me on Google in order to offer me the job. He said I might have to pee in a cup, but he'd give me a few weeks notice beforehand. I can work with that.

3 comments:

Susannity said...

Isn't life crazy funny sometimes - correction - all the time? Feeling like crap and then getting a job you didn't apply for. Happy for you Allan - woot!

Lyzard said...

I love that new boss will give you a few weeks notice on the peeing in a cup thing.

People like that should be the boss and rarely are the boss.

Happy for you! :)

Herself said...

you deserve it. its like a whole new start ;)