Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Beer and Pizza For Prostate Health

I recently had my first post-surgery exam and my liver and prostate are doing quite well- as are my other bits and parts.
How my liver escaped permanent harm is anyone's guess, but current news might explain my prostate health-

In today's health news: Beer and pizza are good for you. Sort of.

Atkins noted that drinking 17 beers a day can lead to alcoholism and
cirrhosis of the liver, and overdoing it on pizza can lead to obesity and other
health problems.


Atkins is missing a crucial point here- if you can drink seventeen beers in a day , you are already an alcoholic. In my heyday, 17 beers was chump change - just barely enough to wash down 1.75 litres of tequila...

Hmmm...come to think of it, I've not ordered out for delivery since I quit the booze. The last pizza I ate was one I made myself - and it was a helluva lot better than Dumbinoe's or Pizza Bucket's offerings... I don't actually recognize Dominoe's as being pizza at all- I mean it's round and it comes in slices, but so does bologna and cherry pie.
Is bologna pizza?
No.
Is Domi-knows bologna?
Depends on how ya slice it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also heard a news story yesterday that consumption of large quantities of coffee seems to protect the livers of alcoholics. Perhaps I'll be okay, too. I have never believed anyone that said that coffee was bad for you. Even when I was pregnant, the doctors said they do not reccomend coffee, but frankly, there was no research to show it was actually bad for you.
If only coffee could help the lungs.

Allan said...

I heard that coffee news too- must be true, cause I'm in good liver-shape!

Maybe coffee does help the lungs. Have you tried smoking it? Let me know the results.

em0 said...

Cake comes round and in slices.

Allan said...

I want a chocolate pizza with candles on it.

Anonymous said...

This blog site is so useful. The contents are very interesting. It offers information about health/ health & fitness and other related stuffs. With this, we may be able to share great ideas where women sexual health | womens sexual health | is related to.