Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pitcairn Announces New Animal

Scientists in a remote Pitcairn Island
laboratory have announced the creation of the world's first sheep/housecat hybrid.

The new animal, alternatively referred to as a 'cheep' or a 'shat', has limited usefulness as a mouser , as it is very slow and cumbersome.
It's considered to be too small for the commercial production of wool. According to one anonymous scientist it " does pretty much nothing but lie there and go 'baah'."

That's not a problem for lifetime Pitcairn resident Richard Feller, a 47-yr old postal stamp importer.
" I 'spect me wife'll knit a great ball of yarn from the damn thing -and then it'll chase the bloody thing around the garden a bit. Beyond that, I can't see much point in it. Maybe it'll move faster-like after we shear it."

Pitcairn Island is a U.K. territory founded in 1790 by the mutineer survivors of the H.M.S. Bounty. It is rumored to be in the South Pacific.

4 comments:

Allan said...

This post is dedicated to Charlie!

Susannity said...

like something out of the the Onion lol.

em0 said...

I love sheep. They fart so much the ozone-layer is disappearing over new zealand.

I want a farting sheep.
Maybe this earth thing will come to an end.

Allan said...

When I can't sleep , I count farting sheep and dream of the apocalypse.