Thursday, May 31, 2007

Call Me It

I wanna thank Enemy for taggin' me. It's an easy meme- basically it just says: "blog."
But there are some rules:

Rules Are:* each blogger starts with eight - ten random facts/habits about
themselves…* people who are tagged need to write posts in their own blog about
the tag and post these rules…* at the end of your post, you need to choose
people to get tagged and list their names… *

Sounds simple, eh? It's not. How does one "randomly" choose facts/habits about oneself? The Exquisite Corpse method comes to mind- surrealist Max Ernst called it a "mental contagion", which is, to me, a decent and workable definition for "meme"...so. I shall mentally shred my personal trivia and toss the bits into an imaginary hopper. Spin the barrel. Reach inside:

1. I have embraced my baldness. I started losing my hair before I was 21. When my mom was doing chemotherapy, I shaved my head as a gesture of solidarity. I still 'bald' myself on a daily basis, using a disposable razor and the cheapest shaving cream available.

2. My most secret fantasy doesn't involve sex.

3. My not-so-secret fantasies do.

4. In the spring of 2000, I predicted that John McCain would lose to Al Gore in November and that Mr. Gore would literally be my new boss. Instead, Bush stole the election and my Commerce Dept. career vanished faster than Bush's National Guard records.

5. In the absence of literature, I become constipated. My bathroom has it's own library.

6. Coffee is the cornerstone of my nutritional pyramid.

7. I recently obtained my Passport. There are places I want to see and people I want to visit. (See #2 and #3 above)

8. I am quite shy in person but I never experienced stage fright during my long and failed musical 'career'. When I was on-stage, I always knew what I was doing and why I was doing it.
This is not always the case off-stage.

9. I haven't performed in front of a live audience since New Years' Eve, 2001-2

10. I didn't own my first automobile until I was nearly 30 years old.

11. I am not very adept at following rules.

Hmmm...who to tag? Howzabout:

-Angel. She lives in an amusement park and raises dragons.

-Hawkwind_555. Too cool for words. Just number your paper from 1-10 and mail it to me. I'll treasure it forever.

-Invisible. More than meets the eye.

-JP. Queer, bitter and Nebraskan. Makes Omaha interesting.

- Sling. Whenever I hear Dylan's 'Days of '49', I think of Sling. Sling would've been a cool hitch-hiking buddy, back when hitching was possible...1849, I think.

8 comments:

Faerie said...

Ill get on this... within a day.. leaving for Houston in an hour...

Didnt even have time to read yet!!

AngelConradie said...

mwaaaaahahahahaaa... my raising dragons was a secret dude!!!

yellowdoggranny said...

dragons..how cool is that.?..excuse me bud...you perform in person in front of us.every time you post...
i wanna hear more about the fantasies...hu huh..

Allan said...

Vis- Enjoy the trip!

Angel- Oh geez, didn'tcha know that there are no secrets on the internet?

JS- No one SEES me blog. I don't even own a webcam.
My fantasies? They are spectacularly mundane.

Sling said...

I'm on it dude!..and it's never too late to hit the road on a hitchhiking adventure..just sayin'. ;)

the rube said...

have you tried sodoku's in the latrine?

whimsical brainpan said...

I am intrigued by #2.

CS said...

How did you manage not to own a car so long? (ANd I love the solidarity over the chemo thing.)