Wednesday, October 01, 2008

It Sure Is Good To Be Back

Yesterday I got a call from the jobs agency, asking me to return to work today, nearly a week earlier than I expected. I suppose I should have been happy, but I'm not.

The full-time employee who was given my "job" to do while I was temporarily laid-off sat in the file room, pushing papers around for a few hours and then went to talk to her boss. She said she was getting so depressed sitting in that empty, silent room that she couldn't work anymore and was taking some personal time off, so they called me back to work early so that I could sit in the file room for her.

I had a terrible weekend and I don't want to be here today.

I don't know where I want to be, but it isn't here.

Here I am.

4 comments:

AngelConradie said...

dude... i so don't want to be at work either- my clients are fullashit!

yellowdoggranny said...

oh, should have read this post before i read the first one..
hey...it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Allan said...

A- I don't want to be anywhere.

JS- It's about even, actually.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry. That sounds depressing, and I can see why you wouldn't feel good about being back. Sometimes the other door opening doesn't go quite on the scedule you'd want. I don't think this is that new door.