Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Are We There Yet?

Sure is good to be at work. Hey! Check out that dust! It may settle! I'll watch it for awhile. I'd better get used to it, because I'm stuck here, probably forever. Running later than usual this morning-burned the hell out of myself while dancing with the coffee pot- sure wish I'd had pants on.
Eventually struggled into clothing, forgot wallet. Not a big deal normally (got food here) but my car has no gas. Found forty-seven cents under the seat-forty seven cents is all that separates me from making South Richmond my permanent home.
I wonder if there's a plasma clinic within walking distance? I could sell a pint or two of blood...I usually just give it away for free, but I really need a couple bucks right now. (The nurse at the clinic told me my blood was superb the last time I went. I think she's a vampire...)

Maybe if I kick the soda machine really hard it'll disgorge a couple quarters.

More bad news. Richmond isn't getting flattened by a Hurricane. Most people would probably consider that to be good news, but I'm not them. My livlihood is dependent on the misfortunes of others- where one person might look at a giant oak tree through a bay window as a bad thing, I call it time-and-a -half.

What I'm really looking forward to is this weekend. Road trip to ol' NYC- going with some band I don't play with. I used to wonder what the hell was wrong with people that hang out with bands they aren't in, but now I'm one of them. It's not a bad thing, after all.

In fact ,it's quite cool. Weird cool. My drum-slut pal invited me. I asked him if it was in Brooklyn, which it is. Count me in!

Drum-slut Mike and I have some weird bond. I met him at a party in the woods in West Virginia-they had a stage and a generator ,so we wound up jamming. Tight! We took a break ,looked at each other, and said, "too bad you don't live in Richmond, we could put together an awesome band." Huh? Turns out we both do live in Richmond. The band was good while it lasted, but we're still friends many years later.

When I get to Brooklyn, I'm going to meet a new friend. I hope this new friendship also lasts many years.


6 comments:

luca said...

you could whore yourself out for pocket-change...

have fun this weekend.

Allan said...

Don't think I haven't tried...

Lyzard said...

Hooray for Brooklyn!

Herself said...

hey! my fortune cookie said that too!

Lyzard said...

Did you get home okay?

Allan said...

Barely.