Monday, August 23, 2004

Tomorrow Will Be Better

A weekend so bad that Monday looks good. A reminder to stop asking questions I know the answers to already. I really did know, but I wanted to pretend that I didn't.
Alright then. Move along now. Nothing to see here. Plenty of fish in the sea. I feel like I've been bludgeoned with a dead mackerel and tossed in the chum bucket. Lots of fish.

I'll look at old photos while that empty room spends my money. I'll play internet Scrabble with a G.I. in Germany- he lost his hearing in a RPG attack in Kabul. The guy's still got a sense of humour though, cheers me up a bit. Things could be worse. His buddy used to play guitar until his arm got blown off. That doesn't cheer me up.

He says his girlfriend is coming to visit him-she's been learning sign language. I tell him my girlfriend doesn't understand me. She doesn't understand why I have a problem with the fact that she's married. At least she told me, so I know where I stand. I stand in the corner with a pointy hat on.

Later on, my guitar doesn't gently weep. It vomits black blood. I can't play it when it does that. I can't seem to do anything anymore. Fuck.

Tomorrow will be better. It has to be.

2 comments:

Lyzard said...

The Worst Day Since YesterdayWell I know, I miss more than hit
With a face that was launched to sink
An' I seldom feel, the bright relief
It's been the Worst Day Since Yesterday

If there's one thing I have said
Is that the dreams I once had, now lay in bed
As the four winds blow, my wits through the door
It's been the Worst Day Since Yesterday

Fallin' down to you sweet ground
Where the flowers they bloom
It's there I'll be found
Hurry back to me, my wild calling
It's been the Worst Day Since Yesterday

Though these wounds have seen no wars
Except for the scars I have ignored
And this endless crutch, well it's never enough
It's been the Worst Day Since Yesterday

Hell says hello, well it's time to I should go
To pastures green, that I've yet to see
Hurry back to me, my wild calling
It's been the Worst Day Since Yesterday

~Flogging Molly

Allan said...

Yep.