Monday, September 06, 2004

Flood, Glorious Flood!

The best thing (besides 30+ hours of overtime per week) about working Catastrophe is that it keeps me too busy to snorkel the internet for depressing and/or disturbing news and information.

Otherwise the photographs of the dead and wounded Russian children would've made me go sit in the parking lot and cry. That would have been embarrassing, so I'm glad I didn't have time to see them.

I also missed most of the GOP convention coverage. If I had seen it, I would have observed that the Republicans are possessed with hatred and anger. They hate America with a passionately unpatriotic fervor. Had I watched, I'd have been appalled by the sheer ignorance displayed by their acceptance of outrageous and easily disproved lies. I'm glad I didn't see some guy claim that the Civil Rights movement succeeded largely due to the Republicans; because I always thought MLK, JFK, RFK and LBJ were more progressive than Strom Thurmond. In fact, the Southern (segregationist) Democrats jumped ship to the GOP during the '60's. That has a lot to do with the rise of the neo-cons and the extinction of the benign conservatism of the Eisenhower era.

America was founded by saying no to George. Why is it so hard to do now?

If I'd seen Zell Miller's speech I would have had terrible nightmares about the boogey-man who lived under my bed when I was five. Whew! That was a close call.

I'm also relieved I didn't read that article about workplace stress and it's negative impact on one's health.

Gotta get back to work.

No comments: