Wednesday, February 02, 2005

What's Wrong With Kids These Days?

Went to the station yesterday to meet with Rasul, who's kinda the de facto tech guy-I was gonna show him my ideas for re-wiring everything, but he already had a plan, which was exactly what I'd thought up. That's pretty cool, I have a feeling we'll work well together.
Tomorrow I'm sitting in on a couple production sessions- looking forward to getting involved in something that doesn't suck. They already put me on the tech staff list, so I guess I'm part of the project now.
I'm pretty happy about that.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
But don't worry. I've still got plenty of outrage and a keen eye for obvious portents of doom.

Like, whoever says crap such as, "our children are our future", should read this and this and start planning for the inevitable nightmarish unquestioning, repressive ,nationalistic,consumer-based and ignorance-fueled society that our brainwashed kids and grandkids will force upon us while they spend what used to be our Social Security dollars on faith-based 'Freedom Camps' for liberals, gays, intellectuals and cotton-wearing vegetarians.
I guess we'll spend our Golden Years doing 'Liberty Labor', tending the slurry pits at Factory Farm MediCare MediCamps. Our only joy will be knowing that our oppressors actually eat and enjoy the collagen-encased, festering and hormonally poisoned animal by-products we will be forced to produce.
This elation , sadly, will be tempered by the reeking offal on our own meal trays and the useless placebos in our medicine cups.

Then there's the coming military draft. I remember being a kid during Vietnam. Of course I hate the idea of a fucking draft. Or at least I used to, but after reading about just how vacant, incurious and ignorant our youth is, I've reconsidered. If you cannot put away the iPods, text messages and Gameboys long enough to educate yourself about your basic civil rights, then perhaps you don't deserve those rights.
In fact, if you think the First Amendment is 'no big deal', I'd prefer it if you were off spreading full-metal-jacketed freedom in Iran, Syria, Iraq or even Uzebekistan. The farther away from America you get, the safer the Constitution will be.
It would be great if you just moved to Iraq. You'd like it-there's no First Amendment , but there's a hell of a lot of Second Amendment.
Soon, there will even be Killer Robots.
Hell, a Killer Robot may have even won the Iraqi "election." After all, the parties were represented by logos and numbers instead of names.

So you kids go ahead and forget about a bunch of stupid boring ol' history.
Forget and repeat.
casket13

Repeat until dead.
military_coffins3
Bring out the dead.
catacombs

Understand?



3 comments:

Herself said...

so you're saying calf implants are impractical?

Allan said...

Not at all. The vast majority of commercially raised cattle are concieved via artificial insemination.

Allan said...

Oh.I get it. The collagen.
Check the ingredients on link sausages-they use 'collagen casings' because 'pig entrails' sounds kinda gross. Same thing,though.