Monday, January 31, 2005

Music Raises My Dying Hopes

Went and checked out the new radio station today. Really nice, dedicated folks, working on a non-budget (no ads, but local business underwriters are already comin' thru)-they are very ambitious, using feeds from NPR, FSR, Pacifica (soon, I hope) etc. and using only local DJ's for the music programs. Any sort of music can be played, except top 40 and similar mainstream dreck.
Man, the studio does need some tech work. Tomorrow I'm going back to trace wires and do two routing schematics- one for the way things are now, and one for the way they should be. I live for stuff like that. Really. I wouldn't be doing this for free if I didn't.
Everyone is a volunteer-I got a very positive 'vibe' from the people I met. ( I'm the third Allan on staff-good sign, eh?)

Anyway, if they like me, I'll get a show of my own, which gee-willikers golly gosh wouldn't that be cool? Streaming too. I'm working on a way to integrate bloggy input with sonic output. Dunno how that'll work, but I doubt if it'll be boring.

Oh yeah. More music stuff. I was checking out the hun's singing * and I thought, "wow, that's cool. I wish I could put my music on my blog". Turns out that I can. Here's an older song entitled
"Still Life with Cave Paintings". *


* We gots us some limited bandwith on these morsels, so download 'em ifn' ya like.








4 comments:

the hun said...

Hey, are you secretly the same person as truerchrist? Your music sounds a lot like his.

Either way, nice tune. What gear/programs do you use?

Allan said...

I am no christ, truer or not.Sounds interesting though . I record onto a stand-alone Roland 8-track digital recorder w/ZIP drive, using BC Rico(not a B.C.Rich) and ESP guitars, a Gibson SG Bass, a Roland JUNO-106 Synth w/ an Alesis S4 module and a Roland R-5 drum machine. I do this in my bedroom and hope the neighbors aren't home.
That piece was more 'techno' than a lot of my stuff-it's mostly about words and guitars, except for the songs that aren't.

Canopenner said...

If you need more bandwidth lemme know. I got subdomains lying around not being used.

Allan said...

Yay Can! That'd be great-my email is on my profile. Thanks!