Friday, August 12, 2005

Again With This?

Agency Girl called today. Seems the Bank called and asked for me by name. It's a different project. It has a 5-week training program, which worries me. If you added up my days attended for my entire high school career, I doubt they'd amount to 5 weeks. Still, it's good pay.
Weird. Just a few days ago Agency Girl and I were exchanging angry words- now she's offering a raise. I was trying to explain this bizarre dynamic to a friend of mine. His advice? He said I should 'date' her and get it over with. He said she probably wants to 'date' me because I ignore her and the Agency rules, never apologize for anything and generally don't seem to give a shit about anything.In other words, according to my pal, some women are strongly attracted to bad men. Maybe he's right. My friend seems like a real jerk until you know him, and every time we go out , some girl hits on him-not me- and he's uglier than I am! But he doesn't follow through, because he really does love his wife. In my eyes, that proves he's not a jerk.
Just 'date' her, he urged me.
He used a word other than 'date'.
Actually he said "hate fuck".
Don't think I haven't thought about it.

Oh well, training doesn't start until the 22nd, since they said I already knew all the stuff being covered next week. I should get my car tuned-up and go visit my Granny now that I know I can afford it.
-----
Oh yeah, check this: The University of Richmond radio station is jealous of us and challenged us to a kickball game. What happened to softball games? Anyway, those sheltered momma's boys are gonna lose, which means they have to sing the Tea-Pot song ("I'm a little tea-pot...") on our station.
One of our DJ's is nicknamed "ThunderFoot" and played in the Brazilian Pro Kickball League for 15 years. We will crush them!

2 comments:

Susannity said...

ok, i'm a sucker. Pro kickball of Brazil? Is that for real?

Allan said...

Of course it is. It's on the Internets isn't it?
The funny thing is, the college kids cried "foul" when we said we had an ex-pro on our squad.
Bridge for sale...