Thursday, August 11, 2005

Hey, C'mon In

Howdy! Thanks for stopping by. We're on the second floor of the two-brownish buildings in the middle.

DCP_0263

I'd like to give you a hand carrying all that stuff up the stairs, but I , er, um have a bad back. I mean arm. But let me put that beer in the fridge for you.

DCP_0264

Smiling people will greet you as you enter. (L to R, Dustin, tinydj and James)

DCP_0292

Mike on the mic in Studio A. Shhhh... he's on-the-air.

DCP_0267

This is where I work- Studio B.

DCP_0273

A prime example of "guerilla wiring". Somehow, it all works.

DCP_0287

Vicki and Christian acting goofy:

DCP_0278

Ok. Time for the meeting. Squeeze down this here hallway.

DCP_0285

Quite a turn-out. Here's a seat in the back.

DCP_0289

And a view from the front:

DCP_0281

I like the skylights, stained glass and plants.

DCP_0286

Meeting is over. Mingle a bit.

DCP_0290

Our meetings are really cool. Due to neccesity, many of us communicate through email, phone calls and post-it notes, so it's nice to be able to meet in person. The networking aspect doesn't hurt either- helps me find free-lance audio work. Don't know why, but I keep getting complimented on my engineering prowess. If I can find a handful of bands to work with, I won't have to worry about finding a job. Many phone numbers were exchanged-I hope something comes of it.

On the down-side, we still need somewhere to hold the concert. Rich Guy doesn't want the publicity, as his fan base is ultra-conservative and might boycott him or something. He didn't phrase it like that, but it's not hard to figure out. Still, since we are shooting for late spring/early summer of next year, something should turn up. We may have to charge a few sheckles, but it'll the idea is to keep it cheaper than a movie.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: