Saturday, August 27, 2005

Why I Haven't Given Up Yet

Some good things:

- K's hair. It's long, beautiful and has just the right amount of natural red. K is a cancer survivor. She was bald for a long time. Now she's got real hair again.
I've been in a permanent state of emotional shell-shock since cancer took away my Mom. There was so much blood. It was everywhere.
It's not an easy subject to talk about, but K let me cry it all out on her shoulder. She's a lot stronger than I am.

- Music. K's husband, who is also a friend from wayback , somehow convinced one of my old bands to do a reunion at his band's gig. We haven't played a gig for about 7-8 years. We'll be lucky if we practice once before the show. No matter. We will rock.

-Kiss. Not the band , but a kiss or two with a woman I've been in love with for 20 years. Let's put aside all the maybe, shoulda, coulda, what if's , mistakes and regrets. Just hold me while we kiss.
Am I crying? Probably.
Am i saying too much? Yes.

No comments: