Monday, October 03, 2005

Karma

A couple years ago I found a wallet in the parking lot of my apartment building. It had lots of money and credit cards. The ID showed a young woman with a suburban address. I looked up the name and wound up speaking to her mother. It turns out that her daughter just moved into a neighboring building- she called her daughter,Sabrina, who then came over and retrieved the wallet.

This weekend Sabrina found something that I had lost. She found my cat. He had somehow got himself locked in the basement of her building. He must've been eating mice or bugs, 'cause he's still alive and not skinny.

Hooray for Sabrina! Hooray for less-than-instant karma!

Welcome back to my fat cat.

5 comments:

Lyzard said...

HOORAY!

(For some reason, when I first read this post, I was positive that Sabrina was blind. I think I'll drink my coffee now.)

Canopenner said...

Cool, Im glad your cat is AOK and has some survival instincts left.

:^)

Susannity said...

Woot!
Our family lost both of our chihuahuas this year. One to a coyote, and the other died in my arms on Sunday. Isn't it amazing sometimes to think of these little furry animals running around cohabitating with us humans in a building and they become so much part of our family. It truly is an amazing and wonderful thing.
I'm glad to hear your family was reunited. =)

Allan said...

Blind? Uh, ok... maybe the b,l,i,n, and d from the word "building" got all mixed in willy-nilly w/ "Sabrina"- they are used in the same sentence...have another cup.

My cat was never AOK.He's more like a C+/B- OK.

Sorry to hear of doggie loss.Coyotes? That's horrible.
I hope no young ones had to see that.

Susannity said...

nope, no youngins saw the coyote thing. Nor the other dog die, as it was very late at night.