Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Mere Dessert

Meanwhile, the beast-thing that we broadly refer to as "Society" continues it's dissolute, cannibalistic repast; a centuries-long Last Supper , ending with either the just desserts of the righteous, or the non-fat ice milk of the wicked. Or somewhere in-between.

The point is, I'm gonna have some ice-cream with fudge, peanuts and a handful of M&M's that I found in my pocket while I was doing laundry. I am celebrating a clean bill of health from the Doc. I was waiting to find out if years of hard living had done any permanent or serious damage to my liver-amazingly, the damn thing seems to be working OK these days. It's actually healing itself-Doc says my enzymes are down to almost normal, which I'm pretty sure is a good thing. He seems surprised. I am. Heart, lungs, blood count- all good.

Even my blood pressure is good, which was previously a little high; worrying the Doc. It was the booze, I 'spose.

So what if the Cat's Cradle is becoming unravelled, accelerated by the use of scissors and torches? It's not exactly the first time.

I'm still gonna have my goddamn sundae.

No comments: