Thursday, November 10, 2005

Things Happening

Had to go back to the doc yesterday- got an antibiotic shot in the rump. I didn't know they still gave injections in the other cheek, but they do. I feel a lot better today in any case.
Having 4 more years w/ a Dem governor helps. I'm convinced that Bush's last-minute campaign rally/endorsement of Kilgore was the deciding factor in the former Gen.Atty's defeat. In 2006 I doubt many candidates will welcome the support of this lamest of lame-duck presidents.
If I were Bush, I'd switch parties and support next year's Dem ticket. It'd guarantee a GOP sweep.
Our Radio fund-raiser was a rippin' time, much fun and open-house excitement- WRIR really has a cool, funky eccentricity that is unique in our town and uncommon in the world. We now have 4 local programs in syndication on a community station in Halifax-yay!
All the bands were great and a lot of fun to work with- except the kid who asked me why he sounded like a chipmunk when he sang. I told him it was because he was 13, but don't worry, it'd deepen when he got older. Well, it's true...he does sing like a chipmunk.

Dustin, our News Boss, won First Prize in the Annual Brunswick Stew cook-off- no easy feat, especially for a first-timer! Kudos!

One of my best friends is moving away soon. I think it'll be a good thing for her in the long run, but I will miss her. A lot.

No comments: