Tuesday, January 17, 2006

An Excerpt w/ update

Dear XXXX,

Last September, I started a new job working for Oce Business Services (OBS). After 90 days I was eligible to enroll in the company medical plan.
I did so.
My coverage began 12/25/05.
It was cancelled without cause or notice on 01/01/06. I am not the only employee who was cut off in this manner.
I notified OBS of this on 01/03/06.
On 01/13/06 I received an email stating:
"The HR Director, Director of Benefits and the Benefits Manager are meeting today to discuss the situation with health insurance. I'll let you know when we hear the outcome of the meeting in NY."

Today is 01/17/06. As of this writing , I have not heard anything in regard to this matter. My calls to HR have not been returned.

I cannot make an appointment with my doctor or refill my prescription medicine (without incurring substantial personal expenses) until this situation is resolved and my coverage re-instated.

Unless the current situation is immediately remedied, I will have little recourse but to pursue resolution through civil and legal channels and in as public a manner as modern methods of communication allow.
Sincerely,
Allan xxxxxxx

cc: lots

UPDATE: Oce Cost Cuts Help...Shares up : (Reuters) In Europe 500 jobs are being cut, and in the United States the firm is looking to shed 250 jobs

This is not a good sign...

1 comment:

Lyzard said...

Assholes!

I hate them for you.