Monday, February 27, 2006

MC Spammer

If you spend anytime on Blogger, you've probably noticed that MC Hammer has a Blogspot. Congrats, MC Hammer Man- you are now as irrelevant as myself. Perhaps more so, since you were famous . Once.

MC Whozat?, asks the younger reader. I just hum "doom-do-de -doom, doom-de-doom" -that guy, ya know? They know that hook, but they don't remember the pants.

Can you name three MC Hammer songs off the top of your head?
Two?

Oh, yeah- he had one BIG hit years ago and quickly flamed out. You still hear the riff from his hit a lot, but I guess he doesn't get royalties on it- otherwise his career wouldn't have such an aura of desperation to it. Touch this, if you will:

Have you ever received "Fax Spam"? Sometimes it's vacation offers, sometimes it's investment advice , but it's always BS and it wastes the hell out of words/ paper/ toner
In 2001 I started getting office 'Fax Spam' from none other than MC Hammer himself. He was starting up a multi-media company that was going to conquer the universe and I had a chance to get in on the ground floor for a paltry $25K or so. I guess I missed out.


Lesson: If you 'get-rich-quick', save your money.

To be fair, I cannot fault him for trying. We all gotta eat. From what little I could read from his very, very buggy blog (lots of plug-ins and weird media player pop-ups and crap) he seems like a decent chap- and his 2/24/06 post about 1980's Hip Hop is pretty darn good if you remember those days (I tried to link it , but I kept getting pop-ups and disconnects)- but most of his blog seems to be pictures of recently eaten meals and his kid and stuff. Not bad, but not compelling.

This box of legal documents (at my feet) from a drug case involving Calvin Broaddus is much more interesting- but I can't discuss it.
Too bad. It's good reading.

No comments: