Thursday, May 29, 2008

Monkey News


Have you heard the old saw about Infinite Monkey Theorem? Infinite Monkey Theorem postulates that if you have an infinite number of monkeys controlling an infinite number of robots, eventually the monkeys will use the robots to decimate and enslave humanity.

If you force monkeys to do your dirty work, it's only a matter of time before they turn on you.


From what I've heard, there isn't much in Scott McClellan's new book that we shouldn't already know- McClellan claims that BushCo used deceit and propaganda to lead us into an unjustifiable and unprovoked invasion of a sovereign nation. He also tells us that the White House covered up the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame.

Well, duh.

The GOP talkers are quick to point out that it took McClellan a long time to speak out...they wonder why didn't he say something while he was in the White House?

Geez. I was vehemently against the war from the very first mention of Iraqi WMD but I was afraid of expressing my opinion because my boss was a raving Republican and I felt it would endanger my job as the manager of his shoe store...I imagine McClellan was also a bit intimidated by his boss.


One interesting tidbit from the book: McClellan claims that President Bush said "he couldn't remember" if he'd ever used cocaine.
Dude.
That's like saying: " yeah, I did coke but it's not my fault because I was drinking on a daily basis at the time."

My mother once had a bottle of absinthe. One day the bottle turned up empty and neither my mom nor myself could remember what happened to it. In fact, we couldn't recall the past 24 hours at all.
We never did find out what happened to the absinthe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good God. I don't believe I've heard a single utterance from GWB that doesn't make me want to put a knife into my temple.

yellowdoggranny said...

i would be a lot more impressed if one of his cronies just stood up to the podium and said...he's fucking crazy, a lying bastid...and when they fire me tomorrow, at least im going with a clear conscience

whimsical brainpan said...

Yeah, I don't see why anyone is surprised to read what McClellan has to say in his book.

Romeo Morningwood said...

"Absinthe makes the mind grow foggier" and "Monkey see, Monkey 'doo'!"