Thursday, August 12, 2004

The Ice Cream Social Before the Storm

Much hubub and preparation as the twin storms move toward Florida. Waiting to see what happens, could be nothing, could be a trip south to help set up a Catastrophe office. Don't know, but I need to be able leave on a 24 hour notice , just in case.
I'm not sure how I feel about that, but at least it won't be dull.

Today is the office 'Ice Cream Social'. What's next- a Sadie Hawkins dance? Spirit Day? A pep rally? I swear, the workplace is worse than a thousand High Schools. I oughta know, since that's how many I attended.
I remember when an office party meant getting boozed up and Xeroxing body parts. That's the only picture of Alicia that I kept, since it doesn't have her damned lying eyes in it.

What exactly is an ice cream social anyway? I'd rather not talk to strangers while I eat ice cream. I bet I hear a bunch of lame diet jokes.

I wonder if my on-again/off-again One will be there? Skip the damn ice cream and go straight to the chocolate syrup! I thought that was over, but she called last night. Maybe this weekend, eh? Unless I get shipped out. A constant state of flux. Stay calm. Can't do it. I'm having some very wicked thoughts right now. Shame on me!

4 comments:

Herself said...

that was too funny. i work with mormons so we have a christmas party, then we have the REAL christmas party ;)

i doubt i would attend an ice cream social though. i wish you would take pictures.

Allan said...

Pictures? Those are called evidence!

luca said...

Allan, why do I enjoy laughing at you so much. I must be a bad person or something. Or I can identify with you...

Allan said...

I'll go with the bad person theory.