Sunday, October 03, 2004

Globe

Ever notice how animals tend to act freaky prior to events such as earthquakes, tornados, floods and such?
Me neither.
My cats blame me for the bad weather and retaliate by bringing down a bookcase, which is not at all aberrant behavior for them. Fucking stupid cats. I should just tie them inside a burlap sack and chuck 'em into the river. Those goddamn hairball factories would probably claw their way out , come home and piss on my comic books, which ,for some reason, seem to be in a jumbled pile on the floor.
Ever notice how people tend to act freaky all the time, for no discernible reason? Maybe it's because we are always this close to total annihilation. Did it feel like someone recently walked over our global grave?
You bet it did.
Anyone who understands astrophysics enough to interpret this chart knows what I mean.
Close one, eh?

That's what the world needs. A global catastrophe. Remember the 1970's movie Meteor? No one does, myself included.
It did, however, produce a kick-ass pinball machine.

Maybe we need a meteor impact or a biblical flood to remind us that we all live on the same tiny island.

No comments: