Saturday, June 25, 2011

Baby, You Can Talk To Me


 This week I had two radio shows,filling in for my friend Paul on his Thursday night show, and then doing my own on Saturday. It's been a long, hard week and certain things aren't working out quite the way I'd hoped.

I mean, I know exactly how hard it is to make a phone call. I understand the difficulty of email and I sure as hell grasp the inherent barriers involved in sending a text message from a cell phone. So my guess is that my new friend has been trying desperately to get in touch with me and just hasn't found the right technology for doing so. Maybe all she had was a postage stamp and I'll have to wait for Monday's mail to get her reply to my simple question about this weekend.

Yeah. That's it.

Anyway. I have music and lots of it, and if you want it all you gotta do is come and get it.



DOUBLE BONUS PODCAST DOWNLOAD - TWO SHOWS, FOUR HOURS!(click)


PAUL'S BOUTIQUE 6/23/2011 w/ Guest DJ,THE NEW BREAKFAST SNOB


Astronauts of Antiquity- Breakthrough

Melomane- Buddha Statue

Clara Bellino- Peaceful Solution

Frames- Giving It All Away

Old Haunts- Not Hopeless

Gang of Four-
You Don't Have To Be Mad

Green Man- When Love is Done

Hudost-
Hunger

Obits- You Gotta Lose

Jon Yeager- Like a Train

Cop Shoot Cop-
Two At A Time

Firewater- Anything at All

Cat Dail - Think of a Story

Monday Machines- Spinning Plates

Motorhead-
I Don't Believe A Word

Ross Phazor-
You'll Never Change

Wire- Flat Tent

Norine Braun- I'm The One

G-Spot- Happy Denial

Jupe Jupe- If I Could Go Back In Time

Nicholas Howard- Blood From a Stone

Monacy- Orbit

Jeannine Hebb- Only Ones

Shawn Farley- The Last Time We Talked

Lucinda Williams- Something About What Happens When We Talk

Purrs- Fear of Flying

Cat Nights Begin
- and Once the Last of Autumn Leaves



THE NEW BREAKFAST SNOB 6/25/2011

Stefanie Seskin- Chill Now

Stranglers- Skin Deep

Curtis Mayfield- No Thing

Rickie Lee Jones- Young Blood

Tracy Chapman- Son of a Preacher Man

Hot Tuna
- Hesitation Blues

The Band- The Shape I'm In

Jefferson Starship- Hyperdrive

Ten Years After- If You Should Love Me

Rare Earth-
Satisfaction Guaranteed

Garbage- Temptation Waits

Elu- Coventry Carol

Lou Reed- Don't Talk To Me About Work

Bob Dylan- One More Cup of Coffee

Jennings- Doorway

Nijole Sparkis- Everything


Astronauts of Antiquity- Beautiful Fate

The Service Industry- Seaworld

Gong- Tropical Fish

The Geraldine Fibbers- Dusted

Guiltless Cult- What Do I have To Say?

Green Man-
I Am Stretched On Your Grave

Traffic- Love

Joan as Policewoman
- The Ride

Fleetwood Mac- Believe Me

The Kinks- Life Goes On

Carpenters- Top of the World

Leo Kottke-
Ice Cream

2 comments:

Susan said...

Youngblood. Good song.

billy pilgrim said...

one more cup of coffee! i love mcguinn's version on the i'm no there soundtrack.

it has to be my favorite album of all time!